POP Legal Docs & Notary Services - Questions & Answers - Murrieta, CA
POP Legal Docs & Notary Services - Personable, Optimistic, Professional.  951-239-8478
1.  Does the term "dissolution" mean divorce?

Both terms mean the same, and are interchangeably used.

2.  What is a QDRO?

QDRO is the short-term used for the word Qualified Domestic Relation Order, which is a judgment, or order for a retirement plan to pay alimony, child support, or marital property rights to a former spouse, spouse, child, or other dependent of a participant.

3.  What is a Summary Dissolution?

A Summary Dissolution is a quick and easy way to file for divorce in California.  To qualify for a Summary Dissolution, you must meet certain requirements.  Please visit 

4.  Can a Notary Public give legal advice?


5.  What is the difference between a Paralegal and a Legal Document Assistant?

A Paralegal is employed by an Attorney, or independently supports an Attorney on a contractual basis.  A Legal Document Assistant is registered and bonded through a County Clerk's office, and can prepare documents for parties who are representing themselves in a legal matter, under their specific direction per California Business Professions Code 6400, Section C

6.  I cannot afford an Attorney, can a Paralegal or Legal Document Assistant give me legal advice?

No.  That is considered unauthorized practice of law.  If you cannot afford an Attorney, call the California State Bar Association to see if they can provide you with Pro Bono referrals. 

7.  What is a Living Trust?

It is a written legal document that partially substitutes for a will. With a living trust, your assets (your home, bank accounts and stocks, for example) are put into the trust, administered for your benefit during your lifetime, and then transferred to your beneficiaries when you die. 

8.  What will I gain from creating a Living Trust?

It can help ensure that your assets will be managed according to your wishes-even if you become unable to manage them yourself.
In setting up your living trust, you may serve as its trustee initially or you may choose someone else to do so. You can name a trustee to take over the trust's management for your benefit if you ever become unable or unwilling to manage it yourself. And at your death, the trustee-similar to the executor of a will-would then gather your assets, pay any debts, claims and taxes, and distribute your assets according to your instructions. Unlike a will, however, this can all be done without court supervision or approval.  

9. What does the term POP in your company name stand for?

Personable, Optimistic, Professional.

10.  Where is the family law Courthouse located, for Murrieta, California residents?

Hemet Courthouse - located at 880 N. State Street, Hemet, CA 92543

11.  Where can I obtain a copy of the Deed to my house?

You can obtain a copy of the Deed to your home from your local County Recorder's office.